St Andrew’s is thought to be an early nineteenth century rebuilding of a medieval church although no perceptible early fabric remains. Indeed the church is valued for its survival as a modest but evocative late Georgian Anglican box with Gothic windows, and a completely intact, single chamber interior.
The chief joy is the painted and panelled pulpit and reading desk, the former so tall it almost touches the ceiling with its sounding board. There remains a complete set of box pews and an unusually elaborate memorial tablet against the east wall. This commemorates Morris Williams of Cwmgloyne, in the parish of Neverne, who died in 1840.
The interior also houses a modest twelfth century square font.