Tiny little old crumbly folly on a hillside in some woods, lovely little place Has some cute features, id imagine as a rich person it must have been a lovely place to sit and enjoy the fresh air!
A sham chapel c 1763 which sits hidden in woodland in the grounds of a Hall. It was never a real chapel but was probably used as a summerhouse.
Late C18. Roughcast brick; plain tile roofs. Gothic revival building in the form of a church with cylindrical west tower and 2-
bay ‘nave’. Tower has 3 pointed windows with cast iron frames, each side of the nave has a panelled and nail studded door with 4-centred arch, and a mural cupboard with acutely pointed arch and boarded door; full-height pointed eastern entrance with double door, nail studded and formerly half-
glazed. Interior. Pointed arch to apsidal chamber within the tower. Erected in memory of William Shenstone who worked on the landscaping of the
grounds during the 1750’s and 60’s