This place was a permissioned visit, arranged by a kind friend it was a nice relaxed mooch with plenty to see and imagine.
The Mills are on the canal side and have be known to have been steam powered until 1844 until the initial site was demolished and rebuilt and extended at the turn of the 19th Century. As time grew one the company grew and more extensions were built; One section was built in 1968 and was made fireproof as so many constructed around that time were. Nowadays the mill has been purchased by the council and there are proposals in place for the place to be converted, very expensively and brought into the present day.
This building is now a housing development but sadly they didn’t keep those etched glass doors!